Monday, September 15, 2008

The Gettin' Place

This weekend was pretty chill at the Said So household. Big One had a sleepover with her BFF on Friday night and that gave me a little time Saturday morning to do a quick clean up of the downstairs portion of the Disaster Area I like to call my home.

Little One was attached to my hip....literally.....most of the day Saturday which made for a VERY sore left arm on Sunday.

Big One will often ask me "Mommy, where did you get 'insert this or that'?" For example any time I get her a surprise of any kind that is the first question or a new shirt or shoes or anything, she ALWAYS asks "where did you get 'insert item here'?". My typical answer if it is some kind of little surprise is "I got it at the gettin' place" because quite often I can't remember where I got it or don't have the time to go through the barrage of questioning that usually goes with this so the gettin' place is usually my answer......there is of course no 'Gettin' Place its just something I've always said and she has always let it go at that. I usually just say it and we move on, she doesn't even get that I'm being a smart ass and as I learned yesterday, evidently she thinks this is a REAL place. I gave her this sucker yesterday that came from some foofy little boutique that I was in with my Mom a couple weeks ago and stashed it away for a surprise on a good day. It was blueberry flavored and had a really long clear stick and it was kind of clear-ish blue and shaped like a teddy bear, it was cuter than my description, trust me.....She loved it, LOVE loved it and automatically she says "Mommy WHERE did you get this cool sucker???"........and as is my typical response "Big One, I got it at the gettin' place" and that was that, nothing else was said, moving on end of story......Well, when Daddy got home from work she comes skipping into the living room and says "DADDY.....LOOK at my AWESOME sucker......Mommy got it at the gettin' place" and I BURST out laughing my ass off FOR REAL....and so did he........it was SO funny the was she said it and was so serious and happy and how cute it was that she didn't get what a smart ass I was being.....

sorry, was that only funny to me??

Sunday was of course football, football and more football with the occasional break to put Little One down or get her up or feed her or diaper her or tend to Big One's whims (which were many on this particular day)......so THANK GOD for TIVO and my 1:00 game lasted until about 7:00pm last night......but I have to say the Panthers rocked it and turned what was looking like a particularly pathetic showing into a really really good game.

Then I bathed and fed the minis and put them in their storage bins for the night......only the Little One had other plans and proceeded to get Mommy up at 11:30, 1:00, 1:30, 1:45, 2:38, 3:38 (so not kidding), 4:00, 4:30, 4:45 and at 5:45 when the alarm went off I felt like I had just gone to bed...oh wait.....I HAD JUST GONE TO BED......FUCK......

So that was my weekend in a nutshell, how was yours?

0 comments:

 
Template by suckmylolly.com - background image by elmer.0