Thursday, February 26, 2009

Thousand Words Thursday

Cheaper Than Therapy

Thirty seven years ago today my mother woke up with a pain in her side and a wet bed. She got up and decided to drive herself to the hospital stopping at the bank along the way to get some cash. She parked the car and walked into the emergency room and waited her turn. The nurse looked at her and asked why she was there, she didn't seem hurt and was awfully calm to be in the ER. Mom said she was in labor and it was almost time. They did not believe her. An hour later I was born.


One year ago today I was also in the hospital, not the ER but on the High Risk floor of the very same hospital my Mother gave birth to me in losing my mind patiently awaiting the arrival of Little One. I had been there almost one month at that point and had missed Big One's birthday and party and was now celebrating my own birthday in my little hospital room.....I WAS allowed to leave my room for a 10 minute wheelchair ride! Four extremely long days later after a big bleed and an emergency c-section on March 1, 2008, Little One joined us weighing in at 4lbs. 13oz., 17 1/2 inches long. She was a little over 6 weeks early and remained in the NICU for a month after that. So, after that long winded introduction....today my Thousand Words go to Little One and my Mom.....

(this is me, Big One and Little One two days after she was born in the NICU. They let us get her out of the isolette to hold her for a few minutes)


(This is a cropped version of a scanned snapshot of Little One that same day....she was unbelievably tiny. Just amazing. She lost down to 4lbs. 6oz. that day)

(and this was at Christmas.....my Mom holding Little One.....amazing that little tiny fragile 4lb. baby turned into this healthy chunky eating machine!! What a difference!)

For more Thousand Words Thursday visit the amazing Jen at Cheaper than Therapy!

8 comments:

Bree Shaw said...

wow! what a big change. glad all turned out good.

vanna said...

Happy birthday my friend....wow what a difference a year makes!!!

Tenakim said...

oh my- so tiny! Happy Birthday to you! You look too damn good in that after baby pic- FYI!

Andrea Frederick said...

Awesome story and great tribute to your mom. Aren't mom's the greatest!?

Juliana said...

It's amazing to see our tiny our babies were but I didn't look anything like you did two days after! Goodness...you looked great!

Sarah said...

It's amazing how they grow, you'd never guess she started out so tiny!

Amy Amy Bo Bamey said...

Wow, So Tiny and dang you look like such a HOT MOMMA after just having a baby. Dang I looked like a trainwreck.

Such a cutie!

The Mom Jen said...

Oh how sweet and so teeny! She looks like she's caught up and then some!

 
Template by suckmylolly.com - background image by elmer.0