Monday, February 23, 2009

in a nutshell........

Well well, it has been a while, no?

Doesn't it go something like "when life gives you lemons, make lemonade"? well, how long do you have to ferment them to turn them into wine? I don't much like lemonade but I've been dealt an assload of lemons the past couple weeks and the hits just keep on coming....I figure I have enough lemons to open I winery if I could figure out the whole fermentation process and all...

Let's start with Little One. She's just been an absolute mess. Sick sick and more sick. Oh, and then after all that, she was sick again. We visited the pediatric ER and the pediatrician so many times I lost count and then she got sick some more. So, that about wraps her up.....

But she will be turning a year old this Sunday and WOW, when did that happen?

Moving on to Big One we have mega-constipation and stomach issues requiring yet ANOTHER pediatric ER visit (which thanks to the makers of Pediatric Fleet Enema and Miralax we have overcome). There have been lots of dietary changes and poop-charting......okay, not really charting as in making her write it down and all that but she is asked the barrage of "did you poop today? how many times? was it hard or soft or watery? and TMI anyone?

Big One is suddenly way concerned about hair and clothes and the right shoes with the right outfit and nails and jewelry and where did this little diva come from and can I have my tomboy daughter back? We are only seven years old folks......seriously, is it time for this already? Does that mean I can expect Little One to turn on me at age 3? She and her 'mean girl' frenemies at the afterschool are constantly changing status. Flip flopping between loving each other and being best friends to hurting each others feelings and making each other cry. They are TOO.YOUNG.FOR.THIS......PERIOD PERIOD PERIOD. I want my simple life is not complicated little girl back dammit!

The Husband.....well, to be honest nothing really changed there. Same old same old...

We do have this thing where they are trying to re-district our neighborhood into the WORST district around here in the worst neighborhood with the delinquent children. The schools in that district are like zoos. They are old and run down and just ZOOS!! It will not only be a devastating blow to our children's quality of education and schooling but it will force our property value into nonexistence. We won't be able to give our house away. So UP IN ARMS are what we are!! It's taken up a lot of my time all the calling and organizing and copying and passing out and not to mention the panty-waddige it's causing.....cause trust me, there are panties in a bunch all over my 'hood these days!

My dad's cancer has a mind of it's own and apparently more life than we originally thought after surgery so there's been that going on (prayers and crossed fingers all around please!)

And then there is me.....my birthday is Thursday and let's just say we are NOT looking forward to it much. I'm turning 37 and it's creeping too close to 40......late 30's........UGHHH....... and on top of that I've been put on short time at work so that makes me and the Husband both on short time. Fan-freaking-tastic. We never really liked paying our bills anyway.

and I miss my blogging. I miss my board (and bored) friends. I miss having time to play on Facecrack and Tweet and stuff.........please hang with me.....don't leave.......embrace my neediness in your comment hugginess............I need love and hugs and such and thanks Stephenie Meyer for not finishing Midnight Sun.....preciate that girlfriend......why? Just finish it already....I need more Edward. Just when I thought I was getting over it I decide to start listening to the new Patricia Cornwell Scarpetta and dammit.......I used to love Scarpetta.....and she's still okay, but she's got nothing on Edward and Bella (mostly Edward, but okay, Bella too) and when did this turn into an Ode to Edward?

Anyway, that's what's been up in a nutshell but, I'm back this week. Here all week folks and I promise promise pinky swear promise I'll be better than this depressing crapfest!!

5 comments:

The Mom Jen said...

Oh honey, i hear you! the pooping...the meds (lactulose)..the "do you have to go?" "your tummy hurts? let go try to go" and the prolapse, and the increasing the meds, the tummy ache...AHH the cycle is viscious!

Tenakim said...

I thought of Jen with your poop troubles- she's been tweeting about it all week. We went through the same. Sorry about everything else, like you being a few months older than me- hang in there girl!

teresa-bug said...

Do you do after school at the school? I don't know why, but it seems like there is more trouble there than other after school programs. I taught your daughter's age kids and I was constantly having to deal with those issues during the school day. Like you don't have enough going on....but something to think about for next year.

Amy Amy Bo Bamey said...

Hope the poop issues clear up, I know they can be a doozie!

Sorry to hear about your Dad, fingers will be crossed for him.

Did you say Birthday....on Thursday! Someone needs a Strip-O-Gram, preferably on that looks like Edward!

Stephanie said...

I'll be praying for you dad... I know that must be really tough. I hope the kiddos get back to full health soon, too!

Happy Birthday :)

 
Template by suckmylolly.com - background image by elmer.0